Robocalling the IRS; year-end pay changes; able to give up; and different highlights from our favourite tax bloggers.
No bots about it
- Procedurally Taxing (https://procedurallytaxing.com): Getting the IRS on the horn can really feel like banging your head in opposition to a wall of sand, and the company has begun to combat one of many issues of the cellphone problem: robocalls by corporations permitting their purchasers to succeed in the IRS by way of a pay-for-service contract.
- Present Federal Tax Developments (https://www.currentfederaltaxdevelopments.com/): Apparently the IRS will use a man-made intelligence instrument to type out automated calls. Any intelligence in a storm, however how lengthy earlier than robo-dialers catch up?
- The Wandering Tax Professional (http://wanderingtaxpro.blogspot.com/): A take a look at brackets and contribution limits for 2023.
- Rosenberg Associates (https://rosenbergassoc.com/weblog/): What are the most typical percentages of wage changes in corporations for the approaching year-end? A take a look at latest survey outcomes — and a stipulation that irrespective of the flavor-of-the-week perks, “Compensation have to be according to the market.”
- Taxable Discuss (http://www.taxabletalk.com/): Is any tax skilled completely happy? Or did final season make it a whisker clearer why many are leaving the occupation?
- Cover (https://www.getcanopy.com/weblog): Most accountants in a latest survey stated their agency could not operate with out electronic mail. However might it? Some shocking findings.
- Sikich (https://www.sikich.com/insights/): You Know They’re Gonna Ask Dep’t.: Nearer examination of the ever-popular Worker Retention Credit score seems at aggregation guidelines, the take a look at for “vital” decline in gross receipts and what precisely “eligible” wages are.
- Mauled Once more (http://mauledagain.blogspot.com/): A tax PIN is used with out permission. Jail’s concerned. Let’s watch the enjoyable.
Spanning the globe
- Do not Mess with Taxes (http://dontmesswithtaxes.typepad.com/): The construction of a rustic’s tax code is a figuring out issue of its financial efficiency. Guess the place the U.S. stands in world rankings?
- TaxProf Weblog (http://taxprof.typepad.com/taxprof_blog/): Measurement Does not Matter Dep’t.: How did Luxembourg develop into a tax ruling haven?
- Taxbuzz (https://www.taxbuzz.com/weblog): Credit score Suisse, just lately the topic of a number of tax probes worldwide, has agreed to make a $324 million cost to finish at the least one state of affairs.
- International Taxes (https://www.globaltaxes.com/weblog.php): A federal district court docket has greenlighted a John Doe summons to assist the IRS combat crypto-related tax fraud — an authorization that would assist the U.S. authorities discover hundreds of tax cheats.
- Wolters Kluwer (https://www.wolterskluwer.com/en/options/tax-accounting-us/industry-news): Twenty states now supply companies and people nonrefundable earnings tax credit for contributions to nonprofit scholarship-granting organizations.
- Tax Basis (https://taxfoundation.org/weblog): This fiery election day, voters will hammer out tax measures in six states: will increase in California, Colorado and Massachusetts; reductions (additionally in Colorado); supermajority necessities for future ballot-initiated tax will increase in Arizona; and reforming the tangible private property tax system in West Virginia, amongst others. A take a look at the problems.
- Tax Vox (https://www.taxpolicycenter.org/): Arkansas, Maryland, Missouri and each Dakotas can even vote this November on legalizing leisure marijuana, and hashish initiatives are already on the 2023 or 2024 poll in Florida, Nebraska, Ohio and Oklahoma. What does historical past say is more likely to occur?
- TaxConnex (https://www.taxconnex.com/blog-): Find out how to assist purchasers understand (and keep on prime of) the kaleidoscope of gross sales tax submitting deadlines.
- Sovos (https://sovos.com/weblog/?area=united-states): In what “must be a shock to virtually nobody,” a state district court docket choose has invalidated Maryland’s digital promoting tax that was slated to use beginning this 12 months.
- Avalara (https://www.avalara.com/weblog/en/north-america.html): Your impacted purchasers ought to know that there is a straightforward method and a tough one for jurisdictions to tax new communications applied sciences.
Brief-term and lengthy