Chief Choose Maurice B. Foley (San Diego) delivers the annual Richard Crawford Pugh Lecture on Tax Legislation & Coverage at San Diego at present on Mountains and Mentors: My Path to the Courtroom:
Choose Foley grew to become Chief Choose of the US Tax Courtroom on June 1, 2018 after being elected to a two-year time period. He was initially appointed to the Tax Courtroom as Choose by President Clinton on April 9, 1995 and served till April 8, 2010. He was reappointed to the court docket by President Obama on November 25, 2011, with a time period finish date of November 24, 2026. Previous to his judicial appointments, Choose Foley served as an lawyer for the Laws and Rules Division of the Inside Income Service, Tax Counsel for the US Senate Committee on Finance, and Deputy Tax Legislative Counsel within the U.S. Treasury’s Workplace of Tax Coverage.
Along with educating at USD College of Legislation, Choose Foley is an adjunct professor on the College of Baltimore College of Legislation and the College of Colorado College of Legislation.
Choose Foley was the primary African-American appointed to the US Tax Courtroom.
Earlier Richard Crawford Pugh Lectures on Tax Legislation & Coverage:
- Anne Alstott (Yale), Little one Care Reform After The Pandemic (2021)
- Rosanne Altshuler (Rutgers), The Worldwide Tax Panorama: Previous, Current and Future (2020)
- Lily Batchelder (NYU), Optimum Tax Idea and Distributive Justice (2019)
- Deborah Schenk (NYU), Horizontal Fairness Redux (2017)
- Michael Graetz (Columbia), Tax Reform Past the Headlines (2015)
- Edward Kleinbard (USC), Progressive Tax or Progressive Fiscal System? (2014)
- Stephen Shay (Harvard), Coherence in Worldwide Earnings Taxation (2013)
- M. Carr Ferguson (Davis Polk, New York), Simplifying the Company Earnings Tax (2011)
- Eric Solomon (Steptoe, Washington, D.C.), A Framework for Tax Reform (2010)
For extra on Dick Pugh, see right here.