This week’s run time is 28:46.
WEEK IN REVIEW (11:10)
That includes highlights from the keynote stage of VERGE 22.
- Sweta Chakraborty, president, We Do not Have Time — The twin disaster of communications and local weather
- Christina Figueres, founding companion, World Optimism — The idea of deep listening
- Alexandria Villasenor, co-founder, U.S. Youth Local weather Strike — Why corporations must ditch the politics of pros
- Charisma Acey, affiliate professor, U.C. Berkeley — The inequity of local weather analysis
- Daybreak Wright, chief scientist, Esri — What’s the outlook for deep-sea mining?
- ‘Aulani Wilhelm, assistant director for ocean conservation, local weather and fairness, Workplace of Science and Know-how Coverage, Government Workplace of the President — Why we have to step up analysis in regards to the ocean’s deepest depths
*Music on this episode: “And So Then” and “Southside”