- BlackRock, Inc BLK cracked down on firm administrators representing too many boards within the U.S. expertise trade, the Monetary Occasions experiences.
- BlackRock voted in opposition to the reappointment of Sanford Robertson to the board of Salesforce, Inc CRM, the place he chairs the governance committee. He was the founding companion of PE agency Francisco Companions.
- BlackRock additionally voted in opposition to Twitter Inc TWTR director Egon Durban, who sat on seven public firm boards. Durban is co-CEO at enterprise investor Silver Lake.
- Durban misplaced his Twitter board membership in Could. Nonetheless, BlackRock urged him to relinquish two different positions to remain on its board.
- Contrastingly, rival asset supervisor Vanguard voted in favor of Robertson and Durban.
- For 3 consecutive years, BlackRock has voted in opposition to Alphabet Inc GOOG GOOGL board member Ann Mather, a former CFO at animation studio Pixar, as a result of she sits on an “extreme” variety of boards.
- BlackRock opposed Mather’s membership on the Alphabet board regardless of exiting the board of Airbnb, Inc ABNB and Arista Networks, Inc ANET.
- BlackRock voted in opposition to Judith McGrath on Amazon.com Inc’s AMZN board for the primary time in three years. McGrath was the previous Chair and CEO of MTV.
- BlackRock opposed the directorship of greater than 4 firm boards. Vanguard additionally maintained the identical rule, albeit topic to exceptions.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga doesn’t present funding recommendation. All rights reserved.